In the year 950 A.H, Shāh Tahmāsb Safavī, erected a burial chamber made of bricks and decorated with tiles of seven colors, around the tomb. The chamber had a screen through which pilgrims could see the tomb and put in donations into the chamber. After some years, by his order, a white, diaphanous steel gridiron was placed in front of the bricked burial chamber.
In the year 1230 A.H, Fat’h-Ali Shāh Qājār covered this steel gridiron with silver, which deteriorated over time.
In the year 1280 A.H, a new chamber was erected using silver from the old one, as well as additional silver from the treasury, replacing the old one. This new chamber was renovated several times and remained for a long time over the tomb of Lady Fatima Masuma (PBUH), until the year 1368 A.H, equivalent to 1328 S.H, by the order of the custodian of the time, a newer burial chamber, with a different shape and elegant, artistic designs on it, was erected in place of the former one, which still remains over the holy grave. Again in March 2002, by the order of the custodian of the time, major repairs were done on it.